Sunday 19 January 2014

"Under the Sea"

Today I thought I would share with you some that I created at the a
end of 2013 called"

Under the Sea"

Teresa of Kingaroy approached me to do a couple 
of custom quilts for her at the end of last year 

She want one as a "Farm Scene" and another as "Under the Sea" Theme

and I only had 8 weeks to get them done 
OK Challenge Set 

I wanted to do something a little different for 
Teresa....she had given me a couple of pics 
of something she was looking for or similar....
what I did know it was going to be an Applique
but I wanted to do something a little different.....

Below are some of the pictures that I took while 
I was making the Quilt :) I hope you and enjoy 
what I have done ") 






First I looked for some cartoon style
pics so I could use them for the templates
so I was off the the Colouring pages on the Internet ") 
found a lot of different ones as you can see here 
 

once we were happy with the layout 
it was onto the cutting out all the fabrics 
and getting the layout down onto the center....




Now onto the Fun stuff this is where I felt like I was a Kid 
again :) Colouring in YaY 
you can see here that I have started to 
put some detail...One of the requirements 
was that it had to have a cartoon look 

Teresa was very excited 
to see it all coming together....so you can see how the detailing can make a big difference...here are some pics that you can see the difference ") 


the turtles are just too cute ") 
you might be wondering what products I have used...





for the Applique I used "Heat'n'Bond" No Sew 
and I Derwent 
InkTense Pencils 
with a textile Medium...
So after 11hrs of colouring in all the detail and getting it just right...I show Teresa and she was very happy below is a Pic of the 
the Colouring all done :) 

So then it was onto they borders and 
quilting...below are some pics of the 
Quilting process and Finished Quilt ") 

We used a light blue thread and she only wanted a simple stippling on the quilt all over which turned out to be a good choice as it made it look like it was water ripples 

I hope that you enjoyed what I have done 
we have a lot more Pics over on our Facebook Page 
Under the tab "Albums"
look for "Under the Sea"

Happy Quilting ") N









2 comments: